QUIZ - AFRICA - SO RICH, BUT SO POOR
QUIZ - AFRICA: SO RICH, BUT SO POOR
1. What percentage of the world’s known minerals are in Africa?
a) 10% b) 30% c) 50%
2. Mineral and oil prices in the world have tripled in the last
a) year b) 5 years c) 10 years
3. In 2008, how much foreign investment came into Africa in 2008?
a) $62 million b) $162 million c) $662 million
4. About half of Africa’s population lives on less than
a) $1.25 per hour b) $1.25 per day c) $1.25 per week
5. In Zambia, about what percentage of people live on $1.25 per day?
a) 25% b) 50% c) 75%
6. What percentage of the people in Zambia do not have enough food?
a) 15% b) 27% c) 43%
7. How much money does Zambia lose every year because of people or companies not paying enough tax?
a) $200,000 b) $2 million c) $2 billion
8. How much money did South Africa lose between 1995 and 2006 because of tax avoidance?
a) $16 million b) $67 million c) $167 million
Now read this to check your answers and find out WHY? : *Africa: a continent of wealth, a continent of poverty