QUIZ: World energy
1. What percentage of the energy the world produces now comes from oil?
a) 81% b) 31% c) 11%
2. What percentage of the energy the world produces now comes from wind/solar power?
a) 61% b) 21% c) 1%
3. What percentage of the world's energy do we use for transport?
a) 28% b) 18% c) 8%
4. What percentage of the world's energy is lost / wasted?
a) 52% b) 32% c) 12%
5. How much energy does the world need for all 9 billion people to have a 'modern', eco-lifestyle?
a) 1600 PWh/year b) 160 PWh/year c) 16 PWh/year (a Petawatt - PWh - is a million million KWh!)
6. How much energy could solar farms produce?
a) 4000 PWh/year b) 400 PWh/year c) 40 PWh/year
Now look at this infographic to check your answers: http://newint.org/features/2015/03/01/renewable-energy-facts/
And then read more about energy - choose from these Easier English articles in the March 2015 Renewable Energy issue: http://eewiki.newint.org/index.php/Issue_480
Or use the "categories" (left) and read articles about Energy: http://eewiki.newint.org/index.php/Category:Energy